Job title: Site Supervisor
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the responsibilities, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 30 pounds or more without assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside. The employee is frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people around the property (facilities and grounds).
Casa Romantica is an equal opportunity employer
Employer: Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
Supervisor: Private Events Director
Position type: Part-time hourly non-exempt
Position Summary: The Site Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the property during all private rentals of the facility including weddings, corporate meetings or parties, city events, photo shoots, and other private uses. Site Supervisor is also responsible for supervision of the property and for all set-up and break-down needs (tables, chairs, linens, miscellaneous furniture, A/V equipment, large décor items) during in-house events such as lectures, performances, fundraisers, and other public cultural events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparing the site for use by clients- i.e. sweeping, stocking and tidying restrooms, turning lights on, adjusting thermostat, fireplaces, etc.
· Property inspection before and after event
· Supervising set-up of rentals and other equipment brought in by vendors.
· Greeting vendors, including caterers, photographers, musicians, DJs, etc.*
· Assisting vendors with questions regarding general set-up and use of the site
· Assisting coordinators and client with all needs that pertain to Casa Romantica
· Enforcing the rules and regulations of Casa Romantica*
· Follow proper closing procedures after event
· Lock all doors and secure alarm system at close of each event
· Supervise and direct hired security guard during weddings
· Follow emergency protocol for any accidents or incidents on site including reporting injuries and illegal activity to Executive Director, Private Events Director and/or Program Director, and appropriate emergency personnel; i.e. Sheriff’s Department.
· Report to Private Events Director as needed during private events
· Set-up and breakdown of all equipment for in-house events including, but not limited to: tables, chairs, A/V, lighting, hospitality, etc.
· Report to Program Director as needed during in-house events
*has additional responsibilities while COVID-19 health and safety protocols are in effect
Additional duties include communicating with outside vendors and performers during events; recording and reporting all injury incidents that occur during events as well as at event set-up and break-down following Casa Romantica’s Incident Report procedures; alerting Casa Romantica staff and (if requested) appropriate emergency personnel of illegal behavior during event or at set-up/break-down; maintaining clean and hazard-free facilities and public-access grounds before, throughout, and after each event; building and maintaining fires in the fireplaces during cold-weather events; ensuring that uninvited guests do not enter the property premises during events (when no security guard is present), and occasional facility maintenance needs such as transporting items to and from Casa Romantica and its local storage facility
Additional duties while COVID-19 health and safety protocols are in effect include taking temperatures and recording pass/no pass results for all staff, vendors, and guests prior to and/or at the start of each event (when requested by Casa Romantica staff); providing complimentary disposable masks to staff and vendors for themselves and/or for guests who do not enter the premises with them (when requested by Casa staff); and disinfecting the public restrooms with spray sanitizer every half hour during events.
Availability on nights and weekends required. May be required to work overtime. Most shifts occur between Tuesday and Sunday, with the majority of work hours on weekends.
Please address your resume to: Ms. Bogdanoff, Private Events Director. Applications will not be considered without a resume that has experience and qualifications relevant to this role.
About Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization and is the historic home of the founder of the City of San Clemente. Casa Romantica provides programs for all ages in arts, music, history, and horticulture and is a premier Southern California cultural center.
Qualifications – Functional
- Must be available to work weeknight evenings and weekend days/evenings.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds or more; frequently required to stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Must have a reliable driving record and ability to perform transportation duties if needed.
- Must have general knowledge of audio/video equipment.
- Must be able to build and maintain fires.
Qualifications – Professional
- Must demonstrate high level of professionalism when interacting with customers, artists, vendors and donors.
- Must communicate on behalf of Casa Romantica with professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Must remain calm, organized, and react appropriately in emergencies or conflict management situations.
- Must demonstrate ability to foresee potentially unsafe conditions and react to them appropriately.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively plan and execute duties on-time and accurately.
- Must have punctual and reliable attendance for work.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work and looks for ways to improve and quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.