OC Health Care Agency Stigma Free OC Initiative - Free Mental Health Resources Available
OC Health Care Agency Stigma Free OC Initiative - Free Mental Health Resources Available for Businesses in OC
As you know, there are a number of people in Orange County who struggle with mental illness. It is no surprise that the anxiety, stress and fear around COVID-19 and the recent wildfires, can worsen pre-existing mental health conditions and substance use concerns or create new ones. Hospitals and hotlines in Orange County have reported increases of visits from 54% - 8,000% from the previous year.
OC HCA has free mental health resources available for your business, non-profit or government entity:
- Mental Health Training for Staff or Volunteers via Zoom or in-person.
- A Toolkit, Events, and a Help Page with critical links at the website: https://www.stigmafreeoc.com/.
What are the Benefits to Your Organization?
- A clearer understanding of mental health and substance use - the signs, the impacts, the solutions.
- A safe environment for employees and constituents to talk about their mental health concerns and connect to resources.
- Increased productivity and vitality.
- A platform to show your organization's commitment to providing a stigma free environment.
Two Simple First Steps You Can Take:
1. Sign the Pledge to be Stigma Free, always seeing the person, not the condition.
Visit https://www.stigmafreeoc.com/pledge/. When you sign, your organization will be listed in the website as a partner to the Stigma Free OC effort and you will receive a badge to place on your website.
2. Access the resources your organization needs. When you are ready, visit https://www.stigmafreeoc.com/ for resources specifically designed for business, non-profits and government organizations. For training, email County Staff leads at: https://www.stigmafreeoc.com/contact/
I’ve also attached an FAQ to answer your most pressing questions. I’ll connect with you again to see if you are willing to take a first step and sign the pledge and/or request a training; or feel free to call or e-mail me.
Signing the pledge is the most important way to show you are committed. Join the over 1300 businesses, non-profits and government organizations in Orange County that have already signed the pledge. Please sign today.
Thank you for making a difference in your community.