4th of July Fireworks Show
Come and enjoy an evening of outstanding fireworks!
Thank you for celebrating America's Independence Day with us! When visiting on July 4th, please be advised of the following details:
- The end of the pier will be closed to public access beginning at noon on Saturday, July 3rd for fireworks preparations.
- The entire pier (excluding The Fisherman's Restaurant) will close on Sunday, July 4th at 7:30 a.m. and remain closed for the entire day.
- A flyover by the Condor Squadron, consisting of four AT-6 aircraft World War II trainers will take place along the participating coastal cities. The The full flyover schedule is as follows:
• Huntington Beach 5:25 to 5:30 p.m.
• Newport Beach 5:35 to 5:40 p.m.
• Laguna Beach 5:45 to 5:50 p.m.
• Dana Point 5:50 to 5:55 p.m.
• San Clemente 5:55 to 6:00 p.m.
- Please be mindful of the following policies and regulations regarding the use of public space during this exciting holiday event:
- Members of the public are reminded that overnight camping on the beach or at Parque Del Mar is prohibited.
- Accessing the beach between the hours of midnight and 4:00 a.m. is also prohibited. Those in violation of the ordinance can be cited and may be asked to remove all belongings.
- Roping or blocking-off portions of the beach for private use is not permitted.
- Unattended property left on the beach is not the responsibility of the City.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is prohibited on all City beaches and park sites.
- The operation of an unmanned aircraft or “drone” over any City-permitted events open to the public is prohibited, unless granted written or electronic permission by the City.
- Dogs are not permitted on the coastal beach trail. Those in violation of this ordinance may be cited accordingly.
- All ocean access, including swimming, surfing, and wading, within 1,000 feet of the pier will be prohibited from 8 - 10 p.m. The show risks delays or cancellation if the public does not comply with the closure.
- Take the trolley! To assist with downtown parking, the San Clemente Trolley will be in service from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Check for any changes to the hours of operation by visiting www.san-clemente.org/trolley.
- When visiting the downtown area and Pier Bowl, pedestrians should take caution, especially with the increased crowds, to stay clear of the train tracks and stay aware of surrounding vehicular traffic.
- The municipal beach and pier will be closed to the public after the fireworks display until the morning of Monday, July 5th.
- Please remove all trash and debris before leaving the beach. Any trash and litter remaining on the beach will end up polluting the ocean.
- Fireworks, including Safe & Sane fireworks within City limits, are prohibited.
- All City facilities will be closed in observance of the July 4th holiday. This closure includes City Hall, the Community Center, the Ole Hanson Beach Club, and the San Clemente Aquatics Center.