Saddleback College Customer Service and Sales Training Program – Free
Saddleback College has been awarded a small workforce development grant from the OC Community Foundation. We have developed a Customer Service and Sales training program for all who are interested.
The class offers the following:
i. Customer service skills and marketing tools
ii. Resume review and interview tips
iii. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program
iv. Students will have a higher chance of seeking employment with any company they desire
v. There is no cost to participants as the grant will pay for the training program
The training class is also designed to prepare participants to interview for various sales positions with COX Communications.
For students who are interested to have an interview with COX Communications, here are COX Communication’s minimum requirements for many of the sales positions listed on the attached flyer. Interested participants in the training program should also meet many of these requirements in order to be successful in applying for positions for COX Communications:
• HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience required; some college with a focus in sales, business and/or management is a plus
• Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a consultative, solutions-based approach and influence customer decisions 1 or more years related sales experience.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build relationships and adapt to a diverse customer base
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
• Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
• Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
• B.S./B.A. or associate degree in related discipline.
• 1 or more years successful B2B outside sales with quotas and cold calling experience.
• Field sales, pipeline development, new lead generation and prospecting experience.
• Knowledge of local telecom market and local contacts.
We have already started our first cohort, but students are more than welcome to join us starting this Saturday, 4/2/22. This is an eight-week training program and classes will run from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon. Classes will be held in Business General Studies (BGS) building at Saddleback College, Room 232.
March 19, 26
April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Click on the link below for a map of our campus.
Campus Maps and Driving Directions | Saddleback College
If you are interested in enrolling in the Saddleback College Customer Service and Sales Training Program training program, please send Jessie Cheng an email to reserve your spot.